Corporate Finance Manager – Sault Ste. News Mary
Job Title: Corporate Finance Manager
Type of position: Permanent full-time
Location: 13-475 Airport Road, Sault Ste. Marie Airport
Posting expires: when suitable candidates are selected.
Purpose of the position:
Our continued growth creates demand for heavy maintenance lines. We service Dash 8 Q400, Dash 8 100/300, CRJ100/200/700/900 aircraft and recently gained approval for Boeing 737 (all series) and Embraer E170/175 aircraft.
You can expect to work in a fast paced work environment and you should have excellent communication skills with a team spirit attitude.
Accountable to the Managing Directors – Don McNabb and Julian Chin; the corporate finance manager will be the point of contact for the finance and human resources departments.
This position requires strong attention to detail and an ability to work on a variety of tasks in a fast-paced work environment. Experience working with senior management and handling confidential information is required.
The role and responsibilities of Human Resources is a temporary position to cover maternity leave; and will revert to the original Corporate Finance Manager job description upon the Human Resources Manager’s return.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Maintain a professional attitude while working closely with General Managers and other executive staff.
• Full cycle of customer accounts: creation, follow-up and processing of customer invoices.
• Work with the CRA and the Minister of Finance on submitting and disbursing payments for HST, EHT and other payment requests in a timely manner.
• Act as a liaison with clients and CBSA officers, as required, for the coordination and management of arriving and departing aircraft and ensuring relevant documentation is gathered.
• Point of contact for imperative banking functions such as account and credit card reconciliations, petty cash tracking, creation of EFT and WT templates, etc.
• Work with FBO department to create invoices, reconcile statements, transmit fuel tickets, maintain spreadsheet logs and monthly reports
• Registration, accommodation and promotional order for corporate conferences
• Prepare financial reports, profit/loss statements, balance sheets and year-end financial statements for general managers.
• Responsible for maintaining company insurance on vehicles, property, liability and Cessna aircraft
• Assist with payroll and accounts payable functions as needed
• Complete award applications, sponsorship applications, credit applications and CRA applications
• Prepare, write and submit applications for government funding, training grants and financial loans.
• Work in partnership with the accountant to carry out the year-end audit
• Annual T4/T4A submissions
• Facilitate the full recruitment cycle, including conducting interviews, obtaining hire approval and supporting new staff orientation
• Attend employee performance and discipline meetings, advise management personnel on previous disciplinary actions, draft correspondence and take notes
• Advise the management team on federal regulations, including changes to the Canada Labor Code
• Attend and document sensitive employee meetings, such as exit interviews and layoffs
• Work with General Managers on company salary scale update and salary scale progression data
• Draft correspondence letters to employees (promotion letters, COLA letters, Transport Canada license letters, etc.)
• Submit WSIB claims and work with Return to Work Specialists to establish appropriate scheduling and accommodations for injured employees (WSIB, Labor Program); including documentation of functional ability forms.
• Provide guidance to the Operations Support Clerk to coordinate corporate conventions and conferences nationally and internationally; this may include booking flights, booking hotels, booking and coordinating other incidental charges on the Site.
• Work in collaboration with FBO Manager to send reports, fuel volumes and daily fuel tickets to AVJet.
• In collaboration with external suppliers, prepare advertising for approval as needed (business cards, advertising banners, etc.).
• Assist with social committee planning for employee engagement activities.
Teamwork and interpersonal skills
Commitment to company values
Role and responsibilities of the position
Preferred skills, qualifications and required education:
• 1-2 years of work experience in an office environment
• University degree or diploma in business administration, finance, accounting or office administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Time management and punctuality
• Ability to multi-task and successfully adapt to changing priorities.
• Must have a working knowledge of computer software systems including Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks.
• Received a full series of COVID-19 vaccines.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience in payroll, compensation and benefits administration, an asset
• Knowledge of the Canada Labor Code, WSIB and other government regulations is an asset
• Experience and knowledge of purchasing processes to obtain office supplies
• Strong time management skills, ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task
• Autonomous, self-motivated and able to work well independently and as part of a team
Working hours are mainly between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Supplementary health insurance and dental care
Paid leave in accordance with federal government requirements.
How to register:
If you are interested in this job opportunity and meet the required qualifications, please email a copy of your cover letter and CV with references to: email@example.com
We welcome all interested applications, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please quote the job title you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Why JD Aero Technique:
JD Aero Technical was established in 2007 and we are in our fifteenth year as the chosen heavy maintenance supplier for multiple Q400 operators in North America. We are looking to add to our group of over 90 diverse and experienced employees.
We will do this for your commitment and dedication, and in return you can expect there to be an opportunity for continuous learning, training, growth, while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.