Program Director for Investor Relations – Episcopal News Service
This position will work directly with Episcopal churches and other organizations, including current and potential clients, to provide investment analysis and strategic advice in coordination with ECF’s external portfolio manager. This position will report to the Director of Endowment Management, work with all Endowment Management program staff and interact with other areas of the organization. The Endowment Management Team embraces ECF’s mission to strengthen communities of Episcopal faith and is committed to excellence, professionalism, and exceptional customer service. This position is a significant opportunity to bring investment management experience to a mission-based non-profit organization. ECF is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with current and potential clients to present investment information (including investment philosophy, portfolio construction process and related information), educate investment committee members, and provide strategic advice when requested and in collaboration with the external portfolio manager if necessary.
- Provide enhanced analysis and reporting on endowments and investments to help clients make informed strategic investment and spending decisions and to support internal program monitoring and review in collaboration with other members Staff.
- Respond to client requests for additional information or clarification on markets, investments, performance, expenses or other investment-related matters.
- Lead quarterly review calls with current clients and coordinate group quarterly review calls with the Portfolio Manager in conjunction with other staff.
- Develop new relationships, maintain and expand existing relationships with Episcopal organizations of all kinds throughout the United States focusing on investment and other financial matters.
- Develop and maintain investment related marketing and other materials for current clients, potential clients and ECF contacts in conjunction with other staff.
- Present at conferences, seminars and workshops, and in written publications, on the ECF Endowment Management Program and its impact on churches.
- Develop insights from surveys and other sources on financial trends and innovations in Episcopal organizations to enhance ECF’s reputation as a financial thought leader and facilitate collaborative work with others other ECF program areas.
- Collaborate with the Director of Endowment Management on program strategy and presentation.
- Collaborate with the Endowment Management team to provide endowment and investment fund services and advice and to fulfill client and program related responsibilities.
- Coordinate with external portfolio manager as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent and experience in a relevant financial, business or religious field.
- Experience managing endowment funds or not-for-profit investments, including multi-asset class portfolios, risk and return analysis, asset allocation, and other strategic decisions.
- Solid knowledge of investments, financial markets and various forms of socially responsible investing as well as trends and developments in the financial sector.
- Familiarity with episcopal organizations and church financial management.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Proven success in relationship building and business development.
- Proficiency with investment data providers, analytical tools and relationship management software.
- Excitement to work with church investment committees.
- Self-motivated combined with a willingness to work collaboratively with the ECF Endowment management team to support the churches and mission of ECF.
This is a full-time position with competitive benefits and salary commensurate with experience. Although the ECF office is in New York, this position can work remotely from anywhere in the United States. The position will require travel.