Research Fellow, Department of Economics and Finance at RMIT VIETNAM
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our footprint is global and, more importantly, our mindset is global. We are committed to having a positive impact wherever we go. The wider our reach, the deeper our connections, the greater our impact.
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT
Over the past twenty years, RMIT Vietnam School of Business and Management has built a reputation for excellence in business and management education, offering high-quality, industry-tailored programs and relevant to the national and global market. Our business programs offer new perspectives on business issues and we inspire our students to challenge, create and think outside the box.
The Economics and Finance Researcher will provide research support to specific projects attached to the Development Economics and Emerging Markets (SBM) cluster in particular and to the school at large. Research interests include economics, finance, accounting, law, blockchain, and innovation and business. Working under the general direction of the Head of Department, the Researcher will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day research support activities of the projects, acting as the first point of contact for all project-related inquiries and providing support when needed.
Specific responsibilities will depend on the subject, nature and duration of the project(s), provided by the Development Economics and Emerging Markets cluster. Research interests include economics, finance, accounting, law, blockchain, and innovation and business.
The economics and finance researcher will have a university doctorate in economics, finance, accounting, law, blockchain and innovation and business with experience in the use of Stata, R or other econometric software packages.
- Research experience in collecting primary or secondary data.
- Experience applying for international tenders and project management
- Ability to research, analyze, interpret, evaluate, coordinate and report resulting information.
- Knowledge of literature review databases
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage varying workloads and respond to changing priorities as required.
For more information on this position, please see the job description below.
- Very competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive salary package in USD (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates based on its proven track record in meeting all key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: Moving allowance and flights for dependants. Tuition support up to USD 15,000 per child per year, up to 2 children per family; private health insurance coverage for staff and family; annual health check; Work permits for staff, Visa and temporary resident cards for family members.
- Local candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check-up.
- 20 days of annual leave plus 5 days of paid leave at Christmas closing, plus public holidays and 10 days of paid sick leave.
- Support and guidance from an experienced mobility advisor to assist with work permit and visa application as well as relocation and settling in to live and work in Vietnam.
HOW TO REGISTER
During the application process, you will be asked to upload the documents below. We recommend having them on hand when you start.
- CV and cover letter
- A copy of your current ID
- Evidence of highest qualifications
- Proof of English proficiency (if applicable)
- Other supporting documents (if applicable)
18 Thursday 6 2022 11:59 p.m.
RMIT Vietnam University (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam creates an innovative culture of research, teaching and learning. We are committed to providing internationally recognized, high-quality professional education and training to our students, clients, and community members. As an internationally renowned Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam helps develop human resource capacity in Vietnam and the region.