Ben Collet | Corporate financing and restructuring
Ben has particular experience advising clients on:
- Acquisitions – operations and performance evaluation, carve-out and development of post-acquisition integration and performance improvement programs
- Disposals – carve-out assessment and development of accelerated profit and cash generation programs to enhance value before a sale process
- Turnaround situations – accelerating profit improvement and cash generation programs to restore planned performance and secure appropriate funding
- Operational Restructuring – manufacturing footprint changes, product transfer, downsizing and closure, new plant setup, merger of operations, operational growth strategy, supply chain and efficiency
- Profit improvement – analysis of transactional profitability (product, customer, channel, sector, etc.), analysis of the value chain and cost base to support the development of direct, indirect and SG&A cost reduction plans and revenue optimization
- Improved working capital and cash generation, including process change, control and governance
- Refinancing support to identify, negotiate and secure required credit facilities
- Accelerated phase-out processes, phase-down of solvents and closure of business unit
Prior to joining the company, Ben was Director of Strategic Projects at IMI PLC, a FTSE 250 global engineering group, where he led cost reduction, operational change, strategic growth and technology integration programs. acquisitions. Previously, he was a Senior Advisor at KPMG, where he worked with clients to improve earnings, turnaround and working capital.
Ben has extensive experience working in the manufacturing and engineering sectors, as well as in the oil and gas, food and retail, and fast-moving consumer goods industries. He has worked with a wide range of company types including FTSE 100, PE and owner-managed companies with turnovers of £10m and £3bn.
Ben’s international experience includes work in the United States, Canada, Spain, Italy, Germany, Poland, China, India, Malaysia, Dubai, North and South Africa and Australia. He is a Chartered Accountant and holds a B.Sc. from the University of London.