Director of Investor Relations: South Florida
About Florida Funders
Florida Funders is a hybrid between a venture capital fund and an angel investor network that
discovers, finances and builds start-up technology companies in Florida. We exist to evolve
Florida from Sunshine State to Startup State ensuring there is as little friction as possible
possible in the ecosystem, that investors have access to a significant flow of transactions and
entrepreneurs have access to a wide range of accredited investors. Florida Funders educates
and ignites its investor community and network of partners to drive investment in
exciting startups Florida has to offer. Our unique network of angel investors offers
transparency, promotes communication and strengthens strategic relationships between
network of investors and founders. Our team is made up of serial entrepreneurs, venture
experienced capitalists and angel investors have been particularly focused on finding the next
cutting-edge technology company. To learn more, visit www.floridafunders.com
Corporate culture :
We are a collaborative, goal-oriented team that loves discovering, funding and building the
next generation of big tech companies in Florida. Each member of the team is at the heart of the objectives and
goals of our company and is a valued member of the team, providing insights, insights,
opinions and expertise to accelerate the impact of our organization. Join us and be part of a
team working to move Florida from Sunshine State to Startup State.
Florida Funders (FF) Director of Investor Relations: South Florida will be primary
member of the Investor Relations team located in South Florida. The role will consist of both discovering
and the activation of new investors in the South Florida region. The Director of Investor Relations: South
Florida will need to manage current Florida Funders investors in South Florida while continuing to
perspective of new investors. This is a full-time role, and this person will report to the Vice President of
Investor Relations at FL Funders.
- Work with your network of investors and new investors to introduce them and encourage them to
Investment Opportunities from Florida Funders.
- Assist in raising committed capital funds from Florida Funders.
- Help attract corporate partners and sponsors.
- Host Investor Events in South Florida with Florida Funders Partners and Investors
- Be the first point of contact with South Florida-based investors when they register with the Florida Funders Portal.
- Familiarize yourself with the offers to answer questions posed by potential investors within the FF network.
- Help raise funds for Florida Funders.
- Located in South Florida or ready to relocate to South Florida
- Minimum experience: finance, business development or investor relations
- Preferred Experience: Investment Banking, Venture Capital, Private Equity
- Proven track record of successful business closure and fundraising
- An autonomous person who does not need to be actively managed
- Preferred: FINRA Series 65 license or plan to be obtained within 6 months of hire
- Uses of technology: CRM, Microsoft Word, Google Docs
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple pressing matters simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong professional relationships
- Ability to interact with professionals at all levels
- Excels in an entrepreneurial environment
- Autonomous with the ability to function independently and exercise initiative using sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Former founder or work experience in a startup
- Proficient HubSpot or other CRM experience
- Strong sense of responsibility, open to feedback, comfortable proposing new ideas, creative
- Connections to the Florida startup community is a strong asset
Status: full time
Location: South Florida (Miami)
Education: A 4-year university degree
Start date: as soon as possible
Remuneration: Competitive with benefits
Benefits: health, dental, vision, paid holidays
Travel: Periodic in-state travel as required
To Apply: Please email email@example.com and indicate “Director of Investor Relations” in the
subject line, a copy of your CV and why you are an ideal candidate for this position.